With spring in the air, I have been doing a lot of spring cleaning and decluttering over the last couple of weeks. It feels so good and the house feels fresh! By decluttering I have managed to organise our belongings a lot better, meaning I know where everything is (I think! Although not tested yet). I even decluttered the loft! *shock*
Here are my top tips to help you declutter too…
1. If you haven’t used it in the last 2 years, you probably are not going to. I think it is safe to say - get rid! I don’t think you’ll regret it. It can make way for new stuff you might actually use.
2. Sell, sell, sell…anything which you no longer use, someone else might want it. My kids have been growing rapidly recently, so selling their clothes and shoes has been a great way to get some spending money for the Easter holidays. I even invested in some new clothes for them.
3. Donate…donating unwanted goods to charity is also a great way to give new life to those unused items. It can also feel good knowing you are making a difference for charity. I am lucky to have charity bags delivered occasionally and I definitely make good use of them! I even sometimes get a thank you card which is a nice touch ☺
4. Keep personal items and mementos in a special box. There is always things we do want to keep – photos, cards, invitations, etc. I never really knew what to do with them so they were usually dotted around the house in random places. I invested in a special box and now all my mementos are in one, safe place.
5. Organise – invest in some storage furniture, baskets or containers to help you organise the items you are keeping [my top picks below]. This should help you to find things more easily.
published by Liana