Bringing greenery indoors is a trend that has been bubbling away for a couple of years now. It is set to continue as a popular interior trend in 2018 - think exotic palms, leaf prints and wicker baskets.
Indoor plants can be a great way to bring the outside in. They can also reduce stress levels and purify the air by increasing oxygen levels whilst reducing toxins.
If you are thinking of getting house plants, the best ones to have in your interior spaces for air purification include aloe plants, bamboo plants and spider plants. The trendiest plants for 2018 include large palms and ferns.
I would love to embrace this interior trend however, my track record at keeping plants alive is extremely poor and so I think I will opt for artificial plants instead. A selection of these can be found on my moodboard below. Artificial plants can look just as good and obviously require much lower maintenance.
- Items clockwise from top left...
- 1. Palm plant (Artificial) from Best Artificial at Amazon - £54.99
- 2. Plant Pot from IKEA - £18
- 3. Fern Plant from IKEA - £8.00
- 4. Hanging Succulent Terrarium from ASDA Home - £10
- 5. Patterned Cushion Cover from H&M Home - £8.99
- 6. Patterned Rug from H&M Home - £19.99
- 7. Large Succulent in Vase from Sainsbury’s Home - £12
published by Liana